среда, 4 октября 2017 г.

English (16.09.2017)

1. When Carol (call) last night, I (watch) my favorite show on television.
2. I (work) for this company for more than thirty years, and I intend to stay here until I retire!
3. Sharon (love) to travel. She (go) abroad almost every summer. Next year, she plans to go to Peru.
4. Thomas is an author. He (write) mystery novels and travel memoirs. He (write) since he was twenty-eight. Altogether, he (write) seven novels, three collections of short stories and a book of poetry.
5. We were late because we had some car problems. By the time we (get) to the train station, Susan (wait) for us for more than two hours.
6. Sam (try) to change a light bulb when he (slip) and (fell) .
7. Everyday I (wake) up at 6 o'clock, (eat) breakfast at 7 o'clock and (leave) for work at 8 o'clock. However, this morning I (get) up at 6:30, (skip) breakfast and (leave) for work late because I (forget) to set my alarm.
8. Right now, Jim (read) the newspaper and Kathy (make) dinner. Last night at this time, they (do) the same thing. She (cook) and he (read) the newspaper. Tomorrow at this time, they (do, also) the same thing. She (prepare) dinner and he (read) . They are very predictable people!
9. By this time next summer, you (complete) your studies and (find) a job. I, on the other hand, (accomplish, not) anything. I (study, still) and you (work) in some new high paying job.
10. The students (be, usually) taught by Mrs. Monty. However, this week they (teach) taught by Mr. Tanzer.


11.
Jane talks on the phone.
Bob has been talking on the phone for an hour.
Mary is talking on the phone.
Who is not necessarily on the phone now?
12.
I'm going to make dinner for Frank.
I'm making dinner for Judy.
I'll make dinner for Mary.
I make dinner for Ted.
I will be making dinner for Tony.
Who are you offering to make dinner for?
13.
Jane left when Tim arrived.
Bob left when Tim had arrived.
When Tim arrived, Mary was leaving.
John had left when Tim arrived.
After Tim arrived, Frank left.
Who did not run into Tim?
14.
Jane is talking in class.
Bob always talks in class.
Mary is always talking in class.
Whose action bothers you?
15.
Jane never left Jamestown.
Bob has never left Jamestown.
Who is still alive?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий